FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Union County Tourism Board Encourages Grant Applicants
ANNA—A recently formed board tasked with advising the County Commissioners on the distribution of tourism grants continues to meet monthly and is encouraging applicants for Fiscal Year 2017.
The Hotel Operators’ Occupancy Tax Board—unofficially referred to as the Tourism Board—was established by the Commissioners to develop an application process for those seeking the dollars generated by the Occupancy Tax and to make recommendations on what projects to fund.
While the Union County Board of Commissioners retains the final say on grant applications, the intention is to rely heavily on the individual expertise of the Tourism Board’s members.
Board members are appointed to two-year terms and currently include the following members:
- President Patrick Brumleve, at-large member
- Vice President Ken Pinnon, Owner of Pinnon Lake Cabins
- Liason Tony Calabrese, Owner of Shawnee Hills Bed and Breakfast
- Member Cindy Cain, Executive Director of the Southernmost Illinois Tourism Bureau
- Member Jeff Kelley, at-large member
- Member Max Miller, Vice Chairman of the Union County Board of Commissioners
The grant application form is available online along with meeting minutes and agenda at unioncountyboards.com. Members of the Tourism Board encourage 2017 grant seekers to get applications in as early as possible.